Refinancing Your Home? We’ve Included a Home Refinance Checklist!
You’ve made an excellent choice to refinance your home with First Bank Mortgage! In order to expedite the home mortgage refinance process, we’ve included a list of items you’ll need to have on-hand and available:
- A current balance on all existing mortgages.
- A current escrow balance on all existing mortgages.
- Current property tax amounts.
- A current homeowners insurance policy detailing the address of the covered property, dwelling coverage, along with the premium amounts and date of renewal.
- Owner's Policy of Title Insurance that protects you against any unforeseen property title issues.
- Do you own your home or property and do not have a current loan against the property? Please provide a copy of the Warranty Deed of the subject property.
Personal Employment Details
A complete list of all employers for the last two years, including:
- Valid employment dates
- Human resource office phone numbers for each employer
- W-2 forms (prior two years)
- Valid paycheck stubs (prior 30 days)
- Tax returns (prior two years) – self-employed individuals should include schedules if 25% or more ownership is held
Personal Information Required
- Any previous addresses (prior two years), if applicable.
- Valid photo identification (a federal requirement for financial institutions at account opening).
- All outstanding debt and creditors, including account numbers, current balance(s), and all monthly payments (i.e., credit card(s), student loans, and car loans).
- Valid banking statements (prior two months), including financial institution name/address/balances and account numbers for all accounts.
- All account statements for assets, including employer-provided 401k, mutual funds, stocks, or any type of IRA account.
- If you are divorced, please bring a copy of the official divorce decree/property settlement agreement.
- If applicable, bankruptcy/discharge papers.
- A valid, personal check or credit card number to pay for the credit report and appraisal.
Please know our Home Loan Advisors are ready to assist you. We always maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and security with your personal information.