If you have long-term investment
goals or carry a large balance in your savings account,
a Certificate of Deposit (CD) might be for you. One
of our highest yielding FDIC-insured investments, you
can select a principal amount and term that's best for
- Choose an initial deposit amount under $100,000 or $100,000 and over (Jumbo CD)
- Terms range from 7 days to 5 years
- Fixed interest rate
- Minimum deposit amounts as low as $1,000
- At maturity, most CDs renew automatically for the same term at the then-current rate for that CD
- On CDs with balances of $10,000 or more, interest can be transferred to a savings account monthly or quarterly
- For current interest rates, contact First Bank's Telephone Banking Center at 800-760-BANK (2265)
*We will mail you a pre-renewal
notice on any CDs that are eligible for automatic renewal.
For non-renewable CDs a final maturity notice will be
mailed prior to the maturity date. There are substantial
penalties for early withdrawal.
*If you want to change terms (e.g. make additional
deposits, change the term, revise the interest payment
method or payment frequency) on a renewing First Bank
CD, complete a Reinvestment Request. Simply
bring your completed request into your nearest First
or contact 1-800-760-BANK (2265).
To find out more about our Certificates of Deposit, call or visit the First Bank location nearest you.