We are committed to making a positive difference in every community in which we do business. This impact is made both through the company’s philanthropic activities and through our support of local businesses, community groups, civic groups and consumers with loans, investments/donations and other banking and community development services.
Through financial and volunteer efforts, First Bank has made significant investments/contributions to charities, affordable housing groups and non-profit organizations within the regions in which we have a presence.
Investments and Contributions
During 2013, First Bank and its employees made qualifying CRA investments/contributions, performed over 10,020 hours of volunteer work - taught financial literacy classes and served as board and committee members to numerous non-profit organizations. In total, First Bank invested/contributed in excess of $38 million. Some of the organizations we support include:
First Bank understands how critical it is to respond quickly and positively to requests for community development loans. During 2013, First Bank originated community development loans in excess of $171 million.
We are a community partner and we support organizations’ unfailing dedication to making a difference in their community. Here at First Bank we take pride in lending a hand to local organizations, because at First Bank our community and our customers always comes first.
Financial Support Guidelines
- 501 (c) 3 Status with the IRS
- Use of funds to support educational and economical opportunities that directly reach low-to-moderate beneficiaries or low-to-moderate geographies, not for administrative purposes
- Clear Objectives with measurable results
- Good Standing with any Federal Department or Agency
- Active Board of Directors
- Sound administrative and financial practices